Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year Resolution

I was looking for what to set as my new year resolution .Finally i got an idea how about this ? , setting new resolution seldom matters to me as each and every year when I move forward I missed to carry the previous set resolution , yeah new instance created each time, letting the previous instance to be garbage collect , So I got to carry forward my resolution so that it persists with the previous instance , as long as I can . Well i can keep that as a my resolution :)

Apart from it , heres a list , can help some one to choose one from the list :)

1. Passion. If you don't like your job, do something else.
2. Be active, always! Read books, blogs or even write on your own. Open your favourite open source framework/project, and peruse it on your spare time. Discuss, analyze, question everything.
3. Create a fictitious medium-size project in your head and create it in your favorite programming language (who knows--it might present a business opportunity) Or better yet, join an active open source project and contribute.
4. Develop the attitude that nothing is impossible. Resist to say "I can't do it"
5. Never stop communicating in a team setting. Don't ever assume; it always comes back to haunt you.
6. Don't try to be super-man and rely entirely on yourself. Learn how to use google and all the resources available to you including your peers, colleagues, friends, and mentors. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Always willing to offer help.
7. Establish professional relationships
8. Understand how your company makes money or saves money. Understand basic business principles.
9. Everyone fails at some point in time, but never blame others for your failures. Take full responsibility for your own actions.
10. Never feel satisfied and complete. Stay Hungry and Stay Foolish .

I took this in TSS Most of them fits to me ..

Alright Bye Bye 2007 i missed you , you being the cornerstone of my professional life ..

And Welcome 2008 .. You can change me with more passion :)

1 comment:

Peerless said...

I made too many to concentrate ...so this year one at a time.