What a year it was ! 2009 was awesome, Did some achievements in career / and in my skills (Specially in programming ;) ) which i can carry forward rest of my life. :)
Excellent year 2009 was some recaps / achievements ,
- Managed to learn the art of programming for fun (Big YaY). Thanks for the people who screwed me in the name of performance appraisal.
- Full time Twitterer. Thanks to the awesome people I follow.
- The day i used Bloom Filter to increase the number of transaction per second in our application from 150 transactions to 1500 transactions. That day brought so much of confidence into me.
- My tricky code using Annotation to fix a big portability issue in using a IoC container in our application. I am sure it saved a lot of dollars to my customer.
- A project on the clouds close to my heart.
- Munnar Trip as part of JP marriage.
- The walks which i had with @peerless from VPN to Thirumangalam and the dinner we had after such walks.
- Learn one JVM languages preferably java next next aka Scala
- Learn one LISP Dialect. Hmm Clojure? (That makes 3 languages on the JVM ;) )
- Language which embrace failure, say it as Erlang.
- Read more about Distributed computing and stay away from people who thinks Master-salve as Distributed system (for God sake please)
- Finish reading the damn algorithm book.
- Be a Thoughtworker soon. Build the laid foundation even stronger.
- Get a Trekkers bag. ;)
- Lay platform for Geek Nights with KNBLites.
- *Kidnap a kid.
- *Start writing a book on "Rapidly Kidnapping kids for Dummies" with @peerless
Funny thing about this decade is Im right in the middle, Last Decade i was a kid going school, next decade my kid will goto school ;) there by stopping all my kidnapping.
I am seeing it 2010 is gonna be a awesome + BiGGG year to me and all the KNBLites. Every one is upto something big. I am sure every one will achieve the chasing dream.
Wish you a Happy New year ahead.