Monday, August 25, 2008

The Last Lecture

My random surfing wont always let me down , Today i discovered (Yes its discovery!) a guy named Dr.Randy Pausch a professor from one of the finest university for studying software Engg.

So many people talked about dream,and even told only dreams will make one to achieve big. Here ,this guy talks about dream actually about Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams. And Its important to have specific dreams .

This is a talk given as part of Last Lecture.Looks like the university encourages to people to talk on a topics Which tries to find answers for this question ,

what wisdom would you try to impart to the world if you knew it was your last chance ?


Perhaps a question each of one us should ask ourselves.So many people / professor can talk on this topic, thinking its their last chance.But it's not the case with randy.It was his Last Lecture indeed !

At this time of speech he knew he will not survive more than 3-6 months.He was infected with pancreatic cancer.well wiki will explain more than me.Check it out.

Here is The Last Lecture from him here he talks about lessons learned and giving advice to students on how to achieve their own career and personal goals. watch this one out. He knew he gonna die he knew he have got few more days in his pocket , but look at the humor , his charmless in delivering the talk.. Wow inspiring guy...



and one more thing ...




To my surprise i found his last lecture is available as book..! So I ordered my copy at Landmark.

I always want to earn a degree in Carnegie Mellon when i heard about SEI and CMMI models from my sister. Hope one day i am able to achieve this dream. :)

One more guy to my league of inspiring individuals. He may be no more but his thoughts will remain in my heart...

3 comments:

Peerlessdeepak said...

Interesting..I thought of blogging on it as soon as u sent that link..

Did u really order it ..If so drop that when u come by...BTW where is my umberalla?? I got cold only bcoz of u
:( :( :(

Ashok said...

Now iam in offshore , may be during my next onsite trip to KNBL ill try to bring it man !

Peerless said...

I reserve the right to reject you at immigration clearance if u dont bring it :)

BTW list down your league of inspiring individuals da ..