Thursday, November 29, 2007

I , Random Surfer

Today i shared the link of Larry Lessig's speech on How creativity is being strangled by the law to this guy. He asked me how i got the link to TED .

Well , This is how i got the link ., The story of Me , the Random Surfer,

During my the third year of Engineering at ACCET , I read about Page rank , Google's algorithm of their search implementation , in which , they have stated ,

PageRank can be thought of as a model of user behavior. We assume there is a "random surfer" who is given a web page at random and keeps clicking on links, never hitting "back" but eventually gets bored and starts on another random page. The probability that the random surfer visits a page is its PageRank. And, the d damping factor is the probability at each page the "random surfer" will get bored and request another random page.

I was configuring cvs with Eclipse for check out a opensource code. But I failed to configure, so I searched on how to configure CVS with Eclipse on Google got a link its actually a forum with a guy posted a link to his blog ., So i went there he was a Java guy like me, so i searched his postings ., he referred to a link of OSS posting ,which is another blog there i viewed a video., a professor named Larry Lessig was giving a lecture on How creativity is being strangled by the law.. a very good speech ., so went to wiki to know about him he was a Stanford guy ., to know more more about him i surfed where he had this talk ... it was actually on TED then surfed TED and get to know about it.

Between this i forgot to configure CVS ., still pending :) I lost the link of both the CVS configuration and the link which had the video of Larry Lessig .

To get back to his blog i ll just type CVS Google will pop up with history of search queries then i ll just hit it ., in the search result Google ll have the history count visits which makes everything easy for me .., everything will works out until i use this pc .,

I never ever keeps bookmark of such pages. I have missed a lot ..! When ever i thought a link is useful, simply i will note it down in a Sticker lite. Even its volatile.! .I haven't restarted more than months for sake of i never read that link, after i entered in it.. All because of this Firefox bookmark, which i haven't categorized so it looks ugly to me., so just now i am started using delicious ,


Thats the story of randoms surfer and how i got the link to TED . It started out in CVS went to TED . Between still my CVS configuration with Eclipse is pending . Any one out there to help me?

2 comments:

Peerlessdeepak said...

Good this also seems to be a nice way to collect the links...Keep blogging da...You will find it as a good storage of your random thoughts...

Neo Man said...

Random Surfer visited your page. Now its your turn to visit : http://upalc.co.cc :)