Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Travelling with iBUS

iBus ? iPod , iPhone is ok whats this iBus ? Does Apple start reinventing Bus ? NO , Again I am from India , Apple doesn't have anything here except their sales office. So they dont have anything to deal with iBUS then whats that iBus ? ..

I love traveling i love traveling even more when i travel with Train.Only there i feel very comfortable.

How ever since my previous travel is unplanned , i don't had a chance of getting a ticket in trains.Only option available now is to travel with Bus that too omni Bus or privately owned one likes of KPN , Parveen.The pain in dealing with the Agents of this buses to book tickets is no where express able. Thank god now they have enabled booking of tickets online.

I am a 6ft+ guy , so this normal Indian Buses wont suits me. Don't ask me whether i have enjoyed a bus travel abroad , i can imagine at least all of them are above my height ! Being an Engineer heres my law on comfortability for traveling on bus,

The amount of comfortability in traveling in a bus is directly proportional to the space or the distance that exists between the two successive seats .

Comfortable Ratio

This is an ratio by maintaining , this ratio better comfortable can be achieved. It can be expressed as a:b
a being the being the height measured from the knee to your foot.(Of course on your leg !)
b being the being the space or distance that i mentioned in my version of comfortability law.

If the Aspect ratio of better viewing a picture is 4:3 , then the comfortable ratio should be at least 1:2 which will make the traveling a memory like this !.

Neither of the Buses (Parveen , KPN) have such offerings. Mostly they will have comfortable ratio of 1:0.75 to 1.25 making my bus travels like an adventure ,thats needs to be telecast ed in NGC. Making Bus travels wont suits for a 6ft+ guys like me .

How ever this time i preferred to use ABT Travels as usual my sister booked the tickets on my money . Few things i liked even at pre traveling stage ,

No Registration required , u can book the tickets on the front Helps me not to use forgot Password option for future use with this site.

No Semi Sleeper , 2+1 so no more cheating at the time of Boarding. Every thing is AC 2+2 ,So they cant send any other type of bus as replacement !(Since they don't own other than 2+2 AC)

Well ,and few more things which i liked and the reason of this Blog is ,

  • The comfortability ratio is almost approaching 1:2 may be reaching around 1:1.85
  • Since its a AC Bus , Blankets are provided by default(I haven't travel led in AC bus previously so this excites me as usual)
  • Drinking water pet cans ! A Gud idea , newly sealed Sabol pet bottles at your seat , WoW yet another great idea
  • Mobile charging facility ! Both 3-pins and 2-pins sockets near your seats especially for charing your Mobile or MP3 players .
  • LCD TV instead of normal CRT.

Apple reinvented the MP3 players into iPod , Mobile Phones to beauty full iPhones , ABT have reinvented the bus travelling in Tamil Nadu , so i can name it as an iBus :)

Few things they can think of ..

How about a cafe at a time when requested while traveling ? (I am damn lover of such cafes !)
Providing snacks ,Biscuits on demand (or this can be added to traveling charge)

They have changed my view on travelling with Bus and have reinvented the Bus traveling , Thats what Apple did. iBus will do in near future. I recommend ABT Travels !

5 comments:

Peerlessdeepak said...

Ask them to start a service to Kallakurichi..
Atleast I will go home regularly.

Dude..Pet bottles are common I think..

Ashok said...

Pet Bottles ? I haven't got any when i travelled with parveen ..... :(

Peerlessdeepak said...

I have seen the holders in SETC bus..
SETC Buses are gearing up

Ashok said...

yeah Even they have AC bus... :) I haven't checked yet... we got to improve to catch up karnataka in this space ...

Peerlessdeepak said...

Catch up..Think about the flip side .Travelling is becoming unaffordable for another section of the people.